News & Updates
- October 15, 2016: Rafael Durtschi joins the lab as an undergraduate research assistant. Welcome Rafael!
- July 1, 2016: NSF renews our grant support for a 12th time! Three more years!
- June 1, 2016: Jessica Fordham from Cal Poly joins the group for the summer as an REU. Welcome Jessica!
- April 19, 2016: Jay wins the Cheves Walling Graduate Research Award for the Outstanding Dissertation in Chemistry.
- January 13, 2016: Joel receives the Utah Governor's Medal for Science and Technology.
- December 4, 2015: Jay successfully defends his dissertation! Congratulations Dr. Kitt!
- September, 2015: David is elected the National Student Representative to the Society for Applied Spectroscopy. He will serve on the Executive Committee of the SAS. Congratulations David!
- August 7, 2015: It was just announced that Jay is the winner of the 2015 Society for Applied Spectroscopy's Barbara Stull Graduate Student Award! Congratulations!
Recent Research Highlights
“Single-Molecule Fluorescence Imaging of Interfacial DNA Hybridization Kinetics at Selective Capture Surfaces,” Eric M. Peterson, Michael W. Bryce, and Joel M. Harris
"Competitive Assays of Label-Free DNA Hybridization with Single-Molecule Fluorescence Imaging Detection" Eric M. Peterson, Michael W. Bryce, and Joel M. Harris
Super-Resolution Imaging and Quantitative Analysis of Membrane Protein/Lipid Raft Clustering Mediated by Cell-Surface Self-Assembly of Hybrid Nanoconjugates. Hartley, J. M., Chu, T.-W., Peterson, E. M., Zhang, R., Yang, J., Harris, J. and Kopeček, J.
Confocal Raman Microscopy for Investigating Synthesis and Characterization of Individual Optically-Trapped Vinyl-Polymerized Surfactant Particles Jonathan J. Schaefer, Alexis C. Crawford, Marc D. Porter, and Joel M. Harris
Confocal Raman Microscopy for In-Situ Detection of Solid-Phase Extraction of Pyrene into Single C18-Silica Particles Jay P. Kitt and Joel M. Harris
Single-Molecule Fluorescence Imaging of DNA at a Potential-Controlled Interface Eric M. Peterson and Joel M. Harris
Surface-Enhanced Raman Spectroscopy Detection of Ionic Solutes by Surfactant-Mediated Adsorption to a Hydrophobic Surface Chaoxiong Ma and Joel M. Harris