Skip to content

Undergraduate Permission Codes

Please read through the following before submitting a Permission Code request:

  1. Confirm that you have requested the correct section number - a confirmation "ticket" will be sent to your u-mail immediately after you submit your permission code request. You may respond to this "ticket" email with any questions or updates.
  2. All responses will be sent to the requestor's u-mail. 
  3. It may take up to ONE WEEK (5 business days) for your request to be processed.
  4. All permission code requests are processed in the order that they were received.
  5. Do NOT send multiple requests and please do not call asking us to expedite your request, it will prolong the process.
  6. If you have received a permission code and need to change the section, you must submit a new request. 
  7. DO NOT submit a permission code request for a section that is full.  We legally cannot overenroll our chemistry courses.

Enrollment: Special Requests

1. Biol/Chem 3515 Permission Code Request -  (will open Oct. 16th)

*Please note that sections 002 and 003 of 3515 are reserved for students who need to take this course to satisfy graduation and major requirements*

2. CHEM 1221 - Instructor Consent Only


 Spring Permission Codes     chemistry transfer          


AP Lab Notbook Evalutions

The chemistry department will be accepting AP lab notebooks for evaluation Spring 2024 by drop-off in CSC 240 Monday - Friday from 9 am - 4 pm through Friday, October 27th.  Students will receive an email to their Umail account with the results of their evaluation by Wednesday, November 1st, which will also include the pickup location for their notebooks.

Students need to make sure their lab notebooks include: 1) their name, 2) their uNID, and 3) a table of contents labeling each lab.

If you have any questions, you can email a chemistry/biochemistry advisor at or

Graduate Course Permission Codes

If you are an undergraduate student and need a permission code for a graduate level course, you will need to e-mail the professor for approval, you will then forward their approval to Jo Vallejo and request a permission code for the course. 





Q: There are not any spots left but, I need that section of the course!

A: Unfortunately, once a course is filled, it is filled. This is especially the case with lab sections as we have to be in compliance with safety regulations. Try using schedule builder to see if there is any other way to plan your semester. Otherwise, we encourage you to watch the enrollment as enrollment numbers frequently change during the first week of classes. 


Q: Where do I enter my permission code?

A: Image of where to insert permission code.


Q: I still do not see where to enter my permission code.

A: Try removing the course from your shopping cart and add it again. The box for the permission code should appear.


Q: Why won’t my permission code work?

A: Permission codes will only work for the section it was assigned and can only be used once. If you are still having trouble, call Office of the Registrar (801-581-5808).

Last Updated: 10/23/23