- Component, device, apparatus, and instrument fabrication from plans/drawings/consultations.
- Design of projects from consultations.
- Consult to improve designs for function, cost, and manufacturability.
- Part creation from all machinable engineering materials.
- TIG welding of austenitic stainless steels, aluminum, titanium.
- Soldering and brazing.
- Repair of some instruments/equipment on a time available basis.
- Vacuum pump repair and leak detection on a time available basis.
- Shop training for Graduate and Post-Doctoral Researchers on a time available basis.
- CNC and manual lathes and milling machines.
- CAD/CAM system.
- Horizontal and vertical bandsaws.
- Water and air cooled TIG welding from 5-315 amps.
- All typical sheet metal equipment.
- Fastener, fitting, O-ring, and material inventory.
Dusty Layton firstname.lastname@example.org
Chase Conrad email@example.com
University of Utah
Department of Chemistry
Henry Eyring Building
315 South, 1400 East, 1527 S HEB
Salt Lake City, UT 84112-0850
Phone number: 801-581-6639